Miranda Schroeder is currently looking for a Seasonal Assistant Shopkeeper for the 2019 summer and fall chalet season in Muskegon, Michigan. This is a part-time, hourly position which will run May – December, 2019. Some weekends required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Creates a friendly and welcoming environment by greeting and helping customers. Keeps the shop tidy and visually appealing as merchandise moves in and out.
- Smiles and Says Hi! Greets all customers and associates, assists in a friendly, courteous manner
- Able to learn and adapt to current technology to assist customer needs
- Delivers the highest level of customer service through effective problem solving
- Ensures that all cash handling procedures are done in accordance to policy and procedure
- Complete transactions accurately and efficiently while engaging customers
- Flexible and willing to cross-train and work on other projects related to the shop (potentially online)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to lift 50 pounds on an occasional to frequent basis
- Ability to spend up to 60% of work time standing or moving about the shop.
- Physical activities include bending, stooping, lifting, climbing, carrying, walking and/or reaching on a frequent basis
- Regular attendance
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Basic math and reading skills, legible handwriting and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
Visual merchandising, sales, previous retail experience, and comfortable with handling money, basic math.
To apply for the Assistant Shopkeeper position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org