I thought I was being unique this holiday season by decorating with dried oranges, but turns out everyone is doing it! And I don’t blame them one bit because they are such a beautiful, natural, affordable, and sustainable way to decorate for the holidays.
How to Prep & Bake the Oranges
- Heat your over up to 200 degrees! Slow & steady wins the race.
- Slice off the ends of the oranges & then slice all the way across. Don’t go too thin or you will get holes. If you go super thick, just know they will take a very long time to bake!
- Place your oranges on a baking rack or directly on your over racks. Do not place them on a baking sheet! I tried this first & they weren’t baking!
- Set your timer for one hour to remind yourself to flip the oranges! Do this for 3-5 hours until they are completely dried out.
- Once they are baked all the way through, take them out to cool & ta-da you have beautiful holiday decor!
More Holiday Blog Posts:
- A Modern, Moody, Victorian Home at Christmas
- How to Dry Oranges for Holiday Decor
- A Modern Christmas Mantle
- Holiday Gift Guide for the Home Decor Lover
- Beautiful, Modern Christmas Fireplace Mantle Decor
There are so many creative ways you can use dried citrus in your holiday decor! Add it to your wreaths, garlands, or make Christmas ornaments for your tree. You can also display them in glass vases, in bowls, or on your coffee table. Or, create a garland completely out of citrus. You can keep it simple with oranges or add beads and other organic elements for variation.