This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for keeping my creativity afloat.
First off, can I just say that making your home feel like YOU does not have to be expensive. Whew. Glad to get that off my chest. I updated our kitchen for $600.00 bucks and our bathroom for $350.00. That’s home design that I can get behind. Some people spend more than that total on a chair! If they can swing that, good for them! We aren’t at a point in our life where we can do that yet, but that doesn’t stop me from making our house feel like our home.
But… it took us listing our house on the market to do something about our bathroom. It’s by no means my dream bathroom, but it’s leaps and bounds better than before! Yes, everyone thought I was insane for wanting to paint my bathroom black, but I did it anyways. That’s just how I roll. I even painted the ceiling black. I had tons of inspo from Pinterest. I’m a rebel without a cause. It all ended up working out with the white shower curtain and white built in shelves (that originally had doors that wouldn’t shut). There are still a few things I want to do in here, but with our house on the market, I’m holding off (we shall see if I actually stop here) lol.
If you missed our bathroom before, well here it is. It was very sad and purple and plain I might add. It just felt so out of place compared to the rest of our house. Whoever “renovated” it before us did a terrible job, and one of the neighbors let me know they tore out a marble sink. That should be a crime.
If this is inspiring your next project, please share to Pinterest!
Now, let’s get to the cost breakdown. I’m obsessed with transforming spaces on a shoestring budget (Bills, am I right). Like why did I think I needed a graduate degree? Anyways, back to the bathroom…
Let’s see what I spent:
- Black Paint: Free (I had extra in the closet)
- Behr, Limousine Leather in Satin
- White Paint: Free (I had extra in the closet)
- Behr, Polar Bear White in Eggshell
- Side Table: $5.00 Thrifted awhile ago
- Persian Rug: $160.00 during a labor day sale!
- Mirror: $50.00 from Home Goods (linked similar)
- Sconces: $30.00/sconce at Menards Home Improvement
- Roman Shade: $35.00 for Fabric & Fabric Glue & $17.00 for the Blinds
- I abhor making things & DIY. This project was no exception.
- Brass Toilet Paper & Towel Holder: $30.00 at Hobby Lobby
- Brass Towel Hooks: $14.99 at Target
- Decor: Free (Pulled it from around the house)
Grand Total: $341.99
My math might be slightly off. I hate math & was too lazy to use a calculator. Sorry not sorry. Like I said, there are a few more things I would like to do in here and none of them would cost a ton. I would love to paint and stencil the floor, install shelves above the toilet, and hang a gallery wall. I mean, is any space ever really done? Nah. That said, I’m holding out to see how long our house stays on the market. If it doesn’t sell by thanksgiving, we are going to pull it down & then I can have the rest of my fun HA.